Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found on Sandra Lee!
Make and share this Hot Sticky Wings recipe from Food.com.
- Light broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Rinse wings with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place wings on baking sheet skin-side up.
- Broil wings for 8 to 10 minutes while preparing sauce. NOTE: this step can be omitted, but produces a better tasting wing.
- Place wings in the crock of 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir to combine remaining ingredients. Pour over wings and stir to coat.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
I couldn't find apricot-pineapple preserves so I used sugar-free apricot preserves and a small can of pineapple juice. I think I should have used half apricot preserves and half pineapple preserves because the pineapple juice made the glaze too thin. The chicken wings were very juicy and tender and had a good flavor. I used two jalapenos, but it still didn't have much heat. Made for PAC Fall 2012.