Another favourite from Ted Reader, King of the Q!
Make and share this Hot & Sticky Venison Ribs With Brew Berry BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 meaty racks venison side ribs (1 1/2 - 2 lbs each)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) bottlestasty ale (your favourite)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (Louisiana style)
- 2 tablespoons gourmet style barbecue sauce (your favourite)
- In medium bowl, combine Cajun seasoning & salt; rub ribs with spice mixture, pressing the spices into the meat to adhere.
- Lay onion & jalapenos in the bottom of a roasting pan, top with ribs and add ale.
- Cover & braise/roast in a preheated 375F oven for 1 ½ - 2 hours, until meat is tender & bones can be easily pulled from the meat.
- Mash half the berries, then whisk together with the butter, brown sugar, honey, hot sauce, BBQ sauce and salt & pepper to taste; set aside for basting.
- Remove ribs from pan & discard braising liquid; grill ribs at medium-high (450 – 500F), basting liberally with the sauce, for 8 – 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill, slice between bones & serve with extra sauce; garnish with remaining blueberries.