Another favourite from Ted Reader, King of the Q!
Make and share this Hot & Sticky Venison Ribs With Brew Berry BBQ Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 meaty racks venison side ribs (1 1/2 - 2 lbs each)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) bottlestasty ale (your favourite)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (Louisiana style)
- 2 tablespoons gourmet style barbecue sauce (your favourite)
- In medium bowl, combine Cajun seasoning & salt; rub ribs with spice mixture, pressing the spices into the meat to adhere.
- Lay onion & jalapenos in the bottom of a roasting pan, top with ribs and add ale.
- Cover & braise/roast in a preheated 375F oven for 1 ½ - 2 hours, until meat is tender & bones can be easily pulled from the meat.
- Mash half the berries, then whisk together with the butter, brown sugar, honey, hot sauce, BBQ sauce and salt & pepper to taste; set aside for basting.
- Remove ribs from pan & discard braising liquid; grill ribs at medium-high (450 – 500F), basting liberally with the sauce, for 8 – 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill, slice between bones & serve with extra sauce; garnish with remaining blueberries.
Well it was a first eating deer ribs - wish they had been meatier. Loved the blueberry bbq sauce. Your pic showcases them so moist and yummy - I think next time I will make sure the meat is totally sitting in the beer while braising and perhaps hubby overdid them on the bbq. Will share this recipe with the other hunters.
Fantasmic! This takes ordinarily tough and dry deer ribs to a culinary masterpiece worthy of a 5 star restauraunt! DH inhaled them and went for more and said they were the BEST he ever ate. Thanks Country Lady!