1/2 Photos of Hot & Sticky Venison Ribs With Brew Berry BBQ Sauce
2 hrs 10 mins
Another favourite from Ted Reader, King of the Q!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 meaty racks venison side ribs (1 1/2 - 2 lbs each)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) bottles tasty ale (your favourite)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (Louisiana style)
- 2 tablespoons gourmet style barbecue sauce (your favourite)
- 1In medium bowl, combine Cajun seasoning & salt; rub ribs with spice mixture, pressing the spices into the meat to adhere.
- 2Lay onion & jalapenos in the bottom of a roasting pan, top with ribs and add ale.
- 3Cover & braise/roast in a preheated 375F oven for 1 ½ - 2 hours, until meat is tender & bones can be easily pulled from the meat.
- 4Mash half the berries, then whisk together with the butter, brown sugar, honey, hot sauce, BBQ sauce and salt & pepper to taste; set aside for basting.
- 5Remove ribs from pan & discard braising liquid; grill ribs at medium-high (450 – 500F), basting liberally with the sauce, for 8 – 10 minutes per side.
- 6Remove from grill, slice between bones & serve with extra sauce; garnish with remaining blueberries.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot & Sticky Venison Ribs With Brew Berry BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 2694.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
racks venison side ribs