Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
This is another recipe I got online. It has been received very well by friends and family.
- 4 lbs squash, diced
- 2 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 1 quart celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 cups vinegar, 5% acidity
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 3 -4 hot peppers, medium size
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare vegetables.
- Combine peppers, celery, and onion with vinegar, salt, sugar, celery seed, and 3 hot peppers.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Stir in squash, powdered mustard, and turmeric.
- Return to boiling and boil 5 minutes.
- Spoon into sterilized jars and adjust lids.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.