Recipe by violetta joseph
this recipe is quick, good, and filling. as always it came from lack of food in the house.
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing, per, serving
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing (or your choice of dressing per serving)
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 12 leaves of red lettuce
- 1 small carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach and other vegetables.
- Peel cucumber and chop into quarters.
- Slice and chop tomato into quarters.
- In a pot deep enough to hold spinach.
- Melt butter and pour in apple juice.
- Place washed spinach in pot and cover.
- Cook until tender.
- Put cucumber and tomatoes in pot with spinach and stir until warm.
- Remove from pot.
- Place red lettuce leaves on 4 serving bowls.
- Place spinach salad equally on bowls, grate carrot over top for color.
- Serve very warm.