Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An original and its really good! Creamy and delicious! A huge hit at our fall Harvest Fest this year!
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach (or frozen, squeezed)
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 sourdough bread (bowl)
- Saute the leek in oil.
- shred monterey jack and mix all ingredients together and put in bread bowl.
- heat oven to 350 and bake loosley covered in foil for 20 min remove foil and bake for 5 more min to crisp outside of bread.
- slice the middle piece leftover from the bread and use to dip, or use french bread or crackers.
- you can use a small casserole dish if you don't want to use the bread bowl.
This is a great dip! I didn't have a bread bowl, so I used bakeware. Also, having it one hand- I used FF sour cream, cream cheese and it turned out fantastic! I was also pretty generous with the leek (I was trying to clean out the veggie bin).
this makes a lovely appetizer, i served this in the bread bowl as suggested with some sliced veggies.