Recipe by NVcookbookaholic
This is one of the best hot spinach salad dressings i have had. A friend of mine gave it to me.
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (try balsamic-it is great!)
- 1⁄4 cup catsup, regular or hot (I use hot)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 teaspoons sugar or 5 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- salt and pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) bag spinach
- 2 -4 hard-boiled eggs (sliced or chopped)
- 3 -4 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits (I use Hormel or Oscar Meyer if I don't fry the bacon myself - 4 slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix garlic, vinegar, catsup, oil and sugar together in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds, then stir.
- Continue to heat the dressing until it is very warm to touch.
- Assemble the salad: spinach, eggs and bacon pieces, pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately as the hot dressing will wilt the spinach.