This is one of the best hot spinach salad dressings i have had. A friend of mine gave it to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1/4 cup vinegar (try balsamic-it is great!)
- 1/4 cup catsup, regular or hot (I use hot)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 teaspoons sugar or 5 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- salt and pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) bag spinach
- 2 -4 hard-boiled eggs (sliced or chopped)
- 3 -4 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits (I use Hormel or Oscar Meyer if I don't fry the bacon myself - 4 slices)
- 1Mix garlic, vinegar, catsup, oil and sugar together in a microwave safe bowl.
- 2Heat for 30 seconds, then stir.
- 3Continue to heat the dressing until it is very warm to touch.
- 4Assemble the salad: spinach, eggs and bacon pieces, pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately as the hot dressing will wilt the spinach.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Spinach Dressing and Salad
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.0 mg
- Sodium 232.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hormel real bacon bits