Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a warm dip, but I doubt it will last long enough to get cold.It's nice and creamy, and a bit wickedly spicy too!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed drained, and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- tortilla chips
- Place spinach in a colander to drain; taking spinach in your hands, squeeze out as much excess moisture as you can; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat; stir in the flour, salt and pepper, stirring until thickened.
- Add the milk, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil; cook 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Add the spinach and cheese and jalapeno to the thickened milk, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Serve warm with chips.
Perfect dip to munch on while in front of the T.V. the guys enjoyed this while watching football over the weekend, thanks!
This was exactly what I was craving; warm-gooey-cheesiness.
This was really good! I did add some onions and hot pepper flake. Everyone really enjoyed this