Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is pretty good. It makes a nice lunch or light dinner with a salad on the side. I have made it without the bacon, and adding pine nuts.
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup finely crushed cheese crackers
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 bunches english spinach, leaves picked and well washed
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (250 g) packet cream cheese
- 125 g feta cheese
- 1 (300 g) carton sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Melt butter in saucepan, add biscuit crumbs, press evenly over base of 20cm springform tin, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Pour filling over biscuit base, stand on oven tray, bake in moderately slow oven for 1 1/4 hours or until golden brown and set.
- Sprinkle with cheese, stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- SPINACH FILLING: Boil, steam or microwave spinach until just tender, drain.
- Press excess liquid from spinach, chop spinach roughly.
- Cook bacon and onion in frying pan, stirring constantly until onion is soft.
- Beat cheeses in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add sour cream and eggs, beat until combined.
- Transfer to large bowl and stir in spinach and bacon mixture.
this is very tasty with a great cheese combo. this is the second time i have made this recipe, my kids love it. i baked it at 325 and it unmolded perfectly. i let it cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then it made 8 perfect slices. i think the recipe is a bit confusing to follow, but the end result is delicious
What a comforting, savory dish! I used goldfish crackers for the crust (!) and extra bacon (5 pieces). It only took 40 minutes at 350, but I didn't remove the sides of the springform pan because it stuck--next time I'll grease it. I used the Recipezaar conversion feature to get US measurements and it turned out just right.