Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I *hate* mayo but love spinach dip! This recipe fulfills my hot spinach cheese-dip desires!
Make and share this Hot Spinach Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream (fat free okay)
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled onion
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large (microwave safe preferably) bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir; microwave another 2 minutes.
- Stir again and microwave for 1 minute.
- Serve piping hot.
We enjoyed this dip! I reserved some of the dip and used it to top cooked chicken breasts, put on some extra cheese and grilled them for a few minutes. Had to use just cheddar cheese because I could not get Monteray Jack. Thank you!
Thankyou! Thankyou! I don't like too much mayo, either. This was perfect. I used low fat cream cheese, used 1/2 the amount of cream cheese and sour cream, and substituted 1/2 the cheddar and jack with a veggie cheddar jack cheese blend. I realize mine was a bit thicker because of this but hey, more stayed on my crackers!!
Talk about fast and easy. This tastes WAY better than the effort :-)