1/1 Photo of Hot Spinach Balls & Spicy Mustard Sauce
Baby Kato's Note:
This is an easy recipe...people who hate spinach...love this dish....I'm always asked for this recipe...MOST IMPORTANT! SPINACH MUST BE VERY WELL DRAINED...ALL LIQUID MUST BE SQUEEZED OUT OF SPINACH!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Spicy Russian Mustard
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen spinach, well drained (no liquid left in spinach)
- 3 cups packaged seasoned stuffing mix (I use Pepperidge Farm Stuffing)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 6 eggs, small, beaten
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 grated small onion
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1Mustard Sauce:.
- 2To make the spicy russian mustard sauce combine the dry mustard and vinegar in a small bowl.
- 3Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- 4Next day, in a small pan, combine the mustard vinegar mixture, sugar and egg yolk and simmer over low heat.
- 5Cover and store in fridge for up to 1 month.
- 6When ready to use this delicious spicy mustard serve it at room temperature.
- 7Spinach Balls:
- 8(MOST IMPORTANT) Please make sure that the spinach is very well drained, there should be no liquid left in the spinach at all.
- 9Next combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- 10Then roll the spinach mixture into balls.
- 11Place the spinach balls on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid.
- 12Once the spinach balls are frozen place in a freezer bag and keep frozen until needed.
- 13Bake frozen in a 350 degree oven for 15 - 25 minutes.
- 14Please check the spinach balls after 15 minutes as all ovens vary.
- 15The balls should be firm when touched, cook longer if necessary.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Spinach Balls & Spicy Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned stuffing mix