Recipe by Baby Kato
This is an easy recipe...people who hate spinach...love this dish....I'm always asked for this recipe...MOST IMPORTANT! SPINACH MUST BE VERY WELL DRAINED...ALL LIQUID MUST BE SQUEEZED OUT OF SPINACH!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Love everything about these. All the flavors went so well together. I made the full batch and so glad I did. I used Savory Herb Stuffing Mix and I think that added a lot to the flavors. I over baked mine just a little because of last minute distractions, but they were still good. I had my own Hot Pepper Mustard that I served this with. I'll be making these again BK. Thanks. Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game :)
Spicy Russian Mustard
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen spinach, well drained (no liquid left in spinach)
- 3 cups packaged seasoned stuffing mix (I use Pepperidge Farm Stuffing)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 6 eggs, small, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 grated small onion
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Mustard Sauce:.
- To make the spicy russian mustard sauce combine the dry mustard and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- Next day, in a small pan, combine the mustard vinegar mixture, sugar and egg yolk and simmer over low heat.
- Cover and store in fridge for up to 1 month.
- When ready to use this delicious spicy mustard serve it at room temperature.
- Spinach Balls:
- (MOST IMPORTANT) Please make sure that the spinach is very well drained, there should be no liquid left in the spinach at all.
- Next combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Then roll the spinach mixture into balls.
- Place the spinach balls on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid.
- Once the spinach balls are frozen place in a freezer bag and keep frozen until needed.
- Bake frozen in a 350 degree oven for 15 - 25 minutes.
- Please check the spinach balls after 15 minutes as all ovens vary.
- The balls should be firm when touched, cook longer if necessary.