Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From foodnetwork, AMAZING with Hawaiian Bread!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir rest of ingredients into the cream cheese.
- Serve warm, with Hawaiian Bread.
I altered the recipe a little. I sauteed a half of an onion with some minced garlic. I also added a can of fresh crab meat. Make sure u rinse the crab off really good to eliminate fishy taste. Also instead of sour cream I used Greek yogurt. Also I used 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese.I also added sliced jalapeno peppers.Mixed all the ingredients with a hand mixture and baked on 350 for 30 min. Then enjoy!
This stuff rocks. It's really the best. I've used this recipe for the past few years at various parties. The extra seasonings make all the difference. I do, however, have two modifications: I increase the amount of parmesan by double, and I omit the mayonnaise and double the sour cream. I'm not a super big fan of mayo.
This dip was so easy to make and I loved it. I added a shredded parmesan cheese blend and about half the red pepper flakes. Served with scoop tortilla chips, will try the Hawaiian bread next time. Thank you BekW for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef - Spring 2009.