Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was served at an AOAC Picnic I attended at Fort Knox and I had to get the recipe. This is different from most of the other recipes, as it contains mayo instead of sour cream, green chilies but no onions, and the only cheese is Parmesan. It is simple and tasty.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (full fat only)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 F and grease a 9" glass pie plate.
- Squeeze every drop of liquid from the spinach that you can and chop up the artichoke hearts into 8ths; mix together.
- Add chilies, mayo, cheese, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 15 minutes, stirring twice.
- Remove from oven and turn on your broiler.
- When the broiler is heated, pop the dip under the broiler and let if briefly brown, about a minute or so.watch carefully so it does not burn.
- Serve with tortilla chips or inside a loaf of sourdough bread, using chunks of bread or veggies as dippers.