Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a yummy dip, but I have to say I love it on baked spuds with a side salad!
Make and share this Hot Spinach and Crab Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb lump crabmeat or 1 lb imitation crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- toast points or baked potato
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the crab and saute for 3 minutes.
- REmove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the flour and stir until well blended.
- Add the jalapeno and cream cheese, reducing heat to low, stirring until completely melted.
- Return skillet to medium heat, whisking in the salt and half and half until well incorporated.
- Add the crab and spinach, stirring well and heating through.
- Pour into a 9x9 casserole dish and cover with the shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese it totally melted.
- Serve with toast points or on top of baked potatoes with a side salad.