1/2 Photos of Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Lower-Than-Normal-Fat)
Made with lower fat ingredients. Thicker texture (not runny). Dip freezes well. If you haven't tried this type of dip yet, you don't know what you're missing! Cook time is for microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (1 package)
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream (1 package)
- 250 g low-fat cream cheese (1 package)
- 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 398 ml artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (1 can, in brine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh black pepper (or colored)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Drain any liquid that may be sitting on top of the sour cream.
- 2Mix everything together well.
- 3Bake it at 350 degrees, stirring once or twice, until heated through (probably 40 minutes).
- 4If lazy, hungry, or just plain impatient, use the microwave (takes only a few minutes). This mix freezes well. There is no need to bake before freezing. You may want to freeze this recipe in four 2-cup containers (i. e. large plastic sour cream tubs)
- 5Serve with tortilla chips or pita.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Lower-Than-Normal-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 294.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lowfat mozzarella cheese