Made with lower fat ingredients. Thicker texture (not runny). Dip freezes well. If you haven't tried this type of dip yet, you don't know what you're missing! Cook time is for microwave.
- 300 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (1 package)
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream (1 package)
- 250 g low-fat cream cheese (1 package)
- 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 398 ml artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (1 can, in brine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh black pepper (or colored)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Drain any liquid that may be sitting on top of the sour cream.
- Mix everything together well.
- Bake it at 350 degrees, stirring once or twice, until heated through (probably 40 minutes).
- If lazy, hungry, or just plain impatient, use the microwave (takes only a few minutes). This mix freezes well. There is no need to bake before freezing. You may want to freeze this recipe in four 2-cup containers (i. e. large plastic sour cream tubs)
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita.