Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy and one of the best S & A dips I've tasted. Right up there with Houston's Restaurant.
- 1 cup thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed chopped frozen artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil spinach and artichokes in 1 cup of water until tender and drain. Discard liquid.
- Heat cream cheese in microwave for 1 minute or until hot and soft.
- Stir in rest of ingredients and serve hot.
This is the same recipe from Good Eats, episode Dip Madness. In the episode, a potato masher is used to combine the creamy base with the veggies. He recommends keeping it warm by putting a couple inches of hot water in it, and put it on low heat. Place the dip in a bowl that will fit over the top of it. I plan on making this tomorrow, I'll rate it after I've made it!