Recipe by gailanng
A slight spin on a popular favorite.
Top Review by awalde
Fast and tasty meal.
I used fresh salsa with red bell peppers and chili. I finished my dried garlic so used some chopped fresh one.
I topped the chickien with some green onion.
In 25 minutes everything was ready and the chicken was moist and tender.
Thanks a lot for this easy and yummi menu.
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder or 1 -2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (small about 4 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 11 ounces Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup salsa (the hotter the better)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (white, brown or mexican)
- cheese, cheddar, monterey jack, etc. (optional)
- chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over chicken breasts.
- In skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until juices run clear.
- Stir in beans, corn, and salsa. Heat to boiling. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until heated through and thickened.
- Serve over rice. Top with cheese, if desired, and garnish with cilantro.