Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
My family's Beach Vacation Fun Dip. We eat this at the pool or while playing cards. A recipe to try at least one time and you'll be hooked. This dip will keep in the fridge for 1 week, But I doubt it will last 1 day!
Top Review by nott
This recipe is a good one, with some tweaking. Most people nowadays watch their salt, so 3 and 1/2 tsp. of salt ingredients and bacon, and cheese, worcestershire and Tabasco just add up to way too much salt! Whew! What I did was to omit the salt and the garlic salt, and use 3/4 tsp. garlic powder instead. I used only 1 tsp. of Old Bay. I omited the bacon because I wanted to taste the shrimp only. Personal preference. 1 tsp of dry mustard was enough for me. Mine is super hot. I left out curry and basil. I aslo used 4 oz of horseradish cheddar instead of pepper jack. Geez, I've almost changed the entire recipe, but not really. What I did was to use some common sense and taste as I gradually add the saltier ingredients, instead of dumping them in blindly. The art of cooking is about making adjustments for our personal tastes, and finding inspiration in the recipes that are posted. Be creative! This is a good recipe! It was the comment about a beach vacation family favorite that made me want to try it despite the lower reviews. Who doesn't want to pretend they're at the beach. Cheers!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefrozen baby shrimp (thawed and finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion (finely diced)
- 4 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce or 2 teaspoons texas pete hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients, except the Paprika, in the order given and thoroughly mix, with a mixer, on low to med.
- speed until all ingredients are blended.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or if you like it warm, place the dip in a glass casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes on 350° or until hot & bubbly.
- Sprinkle top with paprika and serve with celery sticks, Crackers or Pieces of Sour Dough Bread, or even serve it in a Bread Bowl for Parties.
- Best if served Hot! In regards to recent review.