Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Spicier than most I have tasted. A great party addition. Easy gift
- 1 egg white (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 teaspoons good quality cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups pecan halves
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole almonds
- 1 1⁄3 cups walnuts
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- in medium bowl beat egg and water at high speed til stiff.
- In small bowl combine melted butter, all spices, salt and peppers. Mix well.
- Add nuts to egg mixture. Stir to coat well.
- Add 1/2 spice mixture to nuts. Stir to coat.
- Add remaining spice mixture. Stir till evenly coated.
- Spread nuts evenly on cookie sheet that has been covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool well before storing.