Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a "Mrs Dash" recipe - I did a search but could not find one that was close here on Zaar - This is a great sauce for dipping Chicken strips, Asian Meat balls - regular meat balls etc etc - You get the idea it is a very good all round sauce - I cut back on the sugar but will print it as it was published. There is a recipe for "Mrs Dash" here on Zaar if you are in an area that doesn't carry it. This sauce will keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks
- 4 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup sodium-free ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, powdered
- Mix the cornstarch with a bit of water& stir.
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stir constantly, until it has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.