Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, simple, and an excellent offering for a Mexican-themed buffet or cocktail party. Serve with scoop-style corn chips. This makes enough for a crowd, but half can be frozen for later use.
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs jalapeno-flavored white queso fresco
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lb small baby shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce
- Saute onion in oil. Add cheeses and stir until smooth. Add seafood and seasonings, stir. Serve in a heated chafing dish with chips.