Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful Spicy Chicken to be served over Rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and saute in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Saute onions, red bell pepper and garlic in pan until onion is opaque. Add crushed red pepper, chicken broth and peanut butter and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, peas and bread crumbs.
- Cook until thickened and hot.
- Serve over Rice or Couscous.
Great recipe. Very similar to an Indonesian chicken dish - Satay Chicken. We'll be making this again!