- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce: In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Burgers: In a large bowl, mix chicken and oats.
- Add half the sauce and mix thoroughly (using your hands, if necessary).
- Form into 4 large patties.
- Barbecue on greased grill or broil in oven for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Use remaining sauce to baste burgers while cooking.