Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Hot Spiced Pork and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -2 1⁄4 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow sweet bell pepper, cut into thin strips (1 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 -2 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 3/4-inch pieces.
- In an extra-large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over med-high heat.
- Cook meat, half at a time, in hot oil until brown.
- Transfer meat to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Stir in the carrots, bell pepper, and water chestnuts.
- Add the remaining 1 tbs oil to skillet.
- Add onion; cook just until tender.
- Add rice; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, the water, soy sauce, molasses, corn syrup, chili paste, and five-spice powder.
- Cook and stir just until mixture comes to boiling.
- Carefully add to meat mixture; stir to combine.
- Bake, covered, about 1 hour or until meat and rice are tender.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
- Stir gently.
- Sprinkle with green onions.