1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -2 1/4 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow sweet bell pepper, cut into thin strips (1 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 -2 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Trim fat from meat.
- 3Cut meat into 3/4-inch pieces.
- 4In an extra-large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over med-high heat.
- 5Cook meat, half at a time, in hot oil until brown.
- 6Transfer meat to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- 7Stir in the carrots, bell pepper, and water chestnuts.
- 8Add the remaining 1 tbs oil to skillet.
- 9Add onion; cook just until tender.
- 10Add rice; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 11Stir in broth, the water, soy sauce, molasses, corn syrup, chili paste, and five-spice powder.
- 12Cook and stir just until mixture comes to boiling.
- 13Carefully add to meat mixture; stir to combine.
- 14Bake, covered, about 1 hour or until meat and rice are tender.
- 15Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
- 16Stir gently.
- 17Sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Spiced Pork and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.7
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 835.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow sweet bell peppers
red chili paste