Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Stash Tea and it's a delicious blend of tea, fruit and spice.
Make and share this Hot Spiced Orange and Fruit Tea recipe from Food.com.
- 8 orange spice tea bags
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves, tied in cheesecloth
- honey or sugar (optional) or Splenda sugar substitute, as and if desired (optional)
- Pour 2 quart boiling water over the 8 teabags.
- Brew 5 minutes, remove tea bags, set aside.
- While doing the above boil 2 Celsius each water and sugar together for10 minutes, or until sugar is disolved, to make syrup.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring backto boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove cloves and cinnamon.
- Serve hot.
- Allow each person to sweeten as they choose.
I made half the amount listed last night - and allowed it to infuse overnight for ease of serving today, as I am very busy! I heated it up gently over a low heat and served this spiced fruit tea in half pint mugs after lunch for a REAL warming kick! This is VERY spicy, maybe due to fact that I allowed mine to infuse for 12 hours - but we like spicy flavours, especially in tea. This would be WONDERFUL as a base for a tea type punch, add some brandy or whisky for a naughty nightcap! Made for Photo Tag and very much enjoyed. Thanks, FT:-)