Recipe by mielhollinger
This soothing beverage is fragrant, warming, and delightful. Make it with half rice milk and half soy milk for a rich but not-too-sweet taste. (This recipe is from the book "The Vegan Sourcebook".)
Top Review by UmmBinat
Yumm!! I used all rice milk. I don't do soy and suggest you don't either! I skipped the pepper out of preference and used local honey rather than sugar, but I can see sugar would be good. It comforted me in some way and took the chills away. I would make this another time.
- 1 cup plain soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- sugar, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the milk, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, and saffron in a small saucepan and whisk them together.
- Place over medium heat, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Pour the milk through a fine strainer to filter out the spices (you can put the strainer over your cup or mug and pour the hot milk directly into it).
- Stir in as much sugar as necessary to achieve the desired sweetness.
- Serve hot.