Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Sipping on a warm mug of this always feels like a holiday to me! Starting with Thanksgiving, through Christmas, and ending on New Year's Day, I always start any holiday gathering with this treat, and just keep it warm in the crockpot all day long. It is fabulous.
- 8 cups apple cider or 8 cups apple juice
- 4 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1 pint fresh raspberries or 12 ounces pkg. loose-pack frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 inches cinnamon sticks
- 3 inches fresh ginger (cut in thirds)
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 small cooking apples, cored and cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apple cider, cranberry-raspberry juice, raspberries, brandy, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and allspice in a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Strain punch through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- To serve, return punch to Dutch oven. Add apple wedges. Cover and heat until boiling.
- Pour hot punch into a heatproof bowl or transfer to crockpot. Serve in heatproof cups, floating an apple wedge in each serving.