Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sipping on a warm mug of this always feels like a holiday to me! Starting with Thanksgiving, through Christmas, and ending on New Year's Day, I always start any holiday gathering with this treat, and just keep it warm in the crockpot all day long. It is fabulous.
- 8 cups apple cider or 8 cups apple juice
- 4 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1 pint fresh raspberries or 12 ounces pkg. loose-pack frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 inches cinnamon sticks
- 3 inches fresh ginger (cut in thirds)
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 2 small cooking apples, cored and cut into wedges
- Combine apple cider, cranberry-raspberry juice, raspberries, brandy, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and allspice in a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Strain punch through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- To serve, return punch to Dutch oven. Add apple wedges. Cover and heat until boiling.
- Pour hot punch into a heatproof bowl or transfer to crockpot. Serve in heatproof cups, floating an apple wedge in each serving.
We used this punch as our Christmas punch for the family this year. It was enjoyed by all 12 of us. I made it without adding the raspberries. Made for PRMR.