Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is excellent served alone, but it's also delicious as a topping for pancakes, waffles or pound cakes. If serving as a topping, you may cut the peaches and pears into smaller pieces. My family loved this served over my adopted recipe for Sourdough Pancakes Sourdough Pancakes #1.
- 2 cups canned peach halves, drained
- 2 cups canned pear halves in natural juice, drained
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, drain reserving 1/3 c juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine the pineapple juice, marmalade and spices in a saucepan.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the margarine and fruit.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
This was excellent! I used fruits packed in their own juices and sugar free marmalade and made this diabetic friendly for my husband. My kids loved it, and my daughter said it tasted like Christmas!