Prep 4 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very comforting on a cold night!!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 quart cider
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- grated nutmeg
- Tie allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a cheesecloth bag.
- Heat cider and brown sugar; add spice bag and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove bag; pour into mugs.
- Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.
Very, very good! This drink was served to guests after dinner, and it was a hit. I used Mexican cinnamon sticks (it tasted and smelled heavenly). We really enjoyed this drink. Thanks for sharing this delicious treat, Nez.
Since there are only two of us, I halved the recipe and it was great. Thanks for sharing with us!
A very nice spiced cider. I doubled the recipe but only used half the sugar. I used homemade cider and made it in the crockpot. Spices were subtle. Liked the addition of nutmeg. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.