Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a magazine from our local newspaper, posted here for safe keeping. Haven't tried yet. This is made in a coffee pot! Note: yields are approximate.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 large orange, quartered with peel
- 2 quarts apple cider
- Place filter in coffee basket, and fill with brown sugar, allspice, cloves, cinnamon stick, salt, nutmeg and orange wedges.
- Pour apple cider into coffee pot where the water goes.
- Brew and serve hot.
It was snowing outside and this sounded perfect. It was so fun to make this in the coffee pot! I made 1/2 of the recipe and it was very good and soothing. Thanks Shannon for a tasty and fun recipe.