Recipe by KristenFC
I recently made this for a holiday party, and it was a big hit. I kept the crock pot on low throughout the evening, so the flavors continued to infuse. The house smelled great, too. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by HnyBnny
This recipe was really good; however next time I'll leave out the extra sugar. It was a little too sweet for us, almost a little syrupy. The leftovers tasted better when I mixed them with some unused cider in the bottle. Go ahead and make this. You'll love the blend of flavors, and it's not too spicy.
- 3785.0 ml apple cider
- 2 whole nutmegs
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, cut into four wedges
- 1 apple, cut into wedges
- 20-25 whole cloves
- 3-4 piece crystallized ginger
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- cheese cloth, and
- butcher's string
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour enough cider to fill crock pot to ¾ full. Add brown sugar. Stick whole cloves into skin of orange and apple wedges. Place apple, orange and all remaining ingredients into cheese cloth, tie with string and drop into crock pot. Bring to a boil, about 2 to 2 ½ hours on high.
- Once the cider is boiling, reduce setting to low. Keep on low for 2 hours or more before serving. Replenish with additional cider when needed; if cider is cold, return setting to high until heated.
- Serve or have guests serve themselves from the crock pot. If desired, leave a bottle of spiced rum nearby.