Recipe by strawberryjane
This recipe is from my daughter's school teacher...We had it once after Christmas caroling..it is so delicious after being out on a cold winters night..the smell is absolutely to die for when it's simmering!
Top Review by Skeeter47
I served this yesterday at our family holiday get together, and it was a huge hit. It smelled spectacular, and everyone loved it. I used 1/2 of the amount of cranberry juice that it called for and it was great. I added the rind from 1 large orange while it was simmering, then strained it out after the 1/2 hour of simmering. I also added a bunch of those redhot candies. It was delicious!!! I will make it again next year!
- 1 (1 gallon) bottle apple cider
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate (this ingredient is a must)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves or 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail (or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take large jug of apple cider and pour into large pot on the stove (or into the crockpot if you don't want to use a burner) Heat to a simmer.
- Then add the following ingredients to cider: orange juice concentrate,cinnamon,nutmeg,ginger and cloves.
- Sometimes I add the cranberry juice cocktail but you may leave it out if you wish.
- Let it all simmer for awhile (half an hour at least) The smell wafting through the house while the cider is simmering is simply heaven.
- Serve the hot spiced cider in mugs.
- For a nice touch,add a whole cinnamon stick to each mug.
- Having a large pot of cider simmering on the stove when company arrives is a sure way to make them very happy that they chose to come over to your house.