Recipe by linda defore
I like it because it is hot and spicy. My father give me the recipe, which was handed down to him from his mother. The longer it sits the hotter it gets. Keep refrigerated.
Top Review by Trash Hastings
Thanks for sharing. I had never cooked ribs before but I was force to enter a BBQ competition. My dad sent your recipe to me and some cooking tip because I has no idea what I was doing. To make a long story short, I won 1st prize at the Osan AB BBQ & Blues Festival and took home $500 for my Squadron. Ribs and the sauce were unbelievable. I only used about a 1/4 teasp of red pepper and that was plenty hot for the competition.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 jars Open Pit Barbecue Sauce or 2 jars barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper (if you want it hotter)