Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Having a bilimbi in he yard, I am on the lookout for recipes. This is varied from one by Chef Paul Heerlein.
- 113.39 g mushrooms, diced (Original recipe Hamakua, Pioppini, Alii or your favorite)
- 1 shallot, minced (onion will do...just use 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 708.73 g chicken broth
- 56.69 g bilimbi juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 1 egg, whipped with 1 tablespoon of water
- In a pot sauté the mushrooms with a little vegetable oil for about 4 minute while stirring.
- Add the shallots and garlic and continue to cook over moderate heat for another 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper and broth then bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and add the bilimbi, soy and sesame oil.
- Stir in the egg and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serving size is 5 oz.