Having a bilimbi in he yard, I am on the lookout for recipes. This is varied from one by Chef Paul Heerlein.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39 g mushrooms, diced (Original recipe Hamakua, Pioppini, Alii or your favorite)
- 1 shallot, minced (onion will do...just use 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 708.73 g chicken broth
- 56.69 g bilimbi juice
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 1 egg, whipped with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1In a pot sauté the mushrooms with a little vegetable oil for about 4 minute while stirring.
- 2Add the shallots and garlic and continue to cook over moderate heat for another 1 minute.
- 3Add salt, pepper and broth then bring to a simmer.
- 4Reduce the heat and add the bilimbi, soy and sesame oil.
- 5Stir in the egg and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- 6Serving size is 5 oz.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Sout Bilimbi Soup With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 916.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: