1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in our local newspaper, and have made it a few times with success.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice top from bread loaf and carefully scoop out inside, leaving about one-inch shell.
- 2Combine softened cream cheese with salsa and cheddar cheese.
- 3Spoon into bread shell.
- 4Preheat oven to 350.
- 5Replace lid on loaf.
- 6Wrap in three thickness of aluminum foil.
- 7Place on cookie sheet and heat for one hour.
- 8While loaf is baking, but remaining bread into bite-size pieces.
- 9Remove loaf from oven, place on serving platter and carefully unwrap foil.
- 10Remove"lid" and allow your guests to dip bread cubes into hot cheese mixture.
- 11(Warning- it will be very hot at first).
- 12You may want to have extra bread or crackers on hand.
- 13When the cheese mixture is finished, your guests can then cut up and eat the"serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Sourdough and Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 462.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
round sourdough loaf