Recipe by Scandigirl
I found this recipe in our local newspaper, and have made it a few times with success.
- 1 loaf round sourdough loaf
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice top from bread loaf and carefully scoop out inside, leaving about one-inch shell.
- Combine softened cream cheese with salsa and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon into bread shell.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Replace lid on loaf.
- Wrap in three thickness of aluminum foil.
- Place on cookie sheet and heat for one hour.
- While loaf is baking, but remaining bread into bite-size pieces.
- Remove loaf from oven, place on serving platter and carefully unwrap foil.
- Remove"lid" and allow your guests to dip bread cubes into hot cheese mixture.
- (Warning- it will be very hot at first).
- You may want to have extra bread or crackers on hand.
- When the cheese mixture is finished, your guests can then cut up and eat the"serving bowl.