Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another slightly modified recipe from Thai Cooking & More, our family favourite cookbook which is great served over Chinese noodles. We like this recipe because it's so fast to prepare and cook up as well as tasting great.
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh
- 1⁄2 small English cucumber, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (leave tails on for presentation)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into short thin strips
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; scrape out seeds (discard seeds). Slice crosswise into 1/4 inch width.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with vinegar and soy sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry 1 minute. Add mushrooms and bell pepper strips; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Stir vinegar mixture; add to wok. Cook and stir 30 seconds or until sauce boils and thickens. Add cucumber slices; stir-fry until heated through.