Prep 5 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 1 lb large uncooked shrimp, peeled,deveined,butterflied
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup canned broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 bunches watercress, trimmed
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch-long pieces
- Combine shrimp, 2 tablespoons Sherry and grated ginger in large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons Sherry, chicken stock, soy sauce, catsup, cornstarch, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in wok or heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add walnuts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Transfer walnuts to plate using slotted spoon.
- Add watercress to wok and stir-fry until just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Divide watercress among plates.
- Add 2 teaspoons peanut oil, bell peppers and garlic to wok and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons peanut oil, shrimp mixture and onions and stir- fry for 1 minute.
- Stir stock mixture, add to wok and cook sauce until clear and thick, stirring frequently, 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce and shrimp over watercress.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.
Can't wait to try this recipe. Everything sounds perfect for shrimp lovers!
very tasty, easy to prepare.