Recipe by ChrisMc
This is a sharp-tasting stir-fry that I found - very flavorful. The last step is actually my directions for making steamed rice - I can do almost as well as a rice steamer on the stove.
- 5 ounces chicken, cubed
- 5 ounces shrimp
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, soaked and drained
- 6 water chestnuts, sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 chilies, chopped and seeded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss chicken and shrimp in cornstarch, salt, and sesame oil.
- Mix mushrooms, chestnuts, and onions.
- Mix soy sauce, vinegars, and sugar.
- Combine ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry chicken and shrimp in wok and remove from heat.
- Cook chilis in oil.
- Add mushroom and garlic mixtures and stir-fry.
- Add chicken and shrimp with vinegar mixture.
- Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
- To cook rice on the stove similar to steamed rice, get short- or medium-grain rice (you can find this at an Asian food store).
- Cook 1 cup rice with 1 1/2 cup water (or similar proportions) on low heat 20-25 minutes.
- When the liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and let sit, covered,~10 minutes.
- THen remove the cover and fluff- it should be just like steamed rice.