Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great main dish soup, great tasting. Got from Family Circle magazine.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1 x 1/2 inch strips
- 8 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 (5 ounce) packagecurly dried noodles, cooked & drained
- Heat broth in large saucepan to simmering.
- Mix vinegar, oil and hot sauce in small bowl.
- Stir in cornstarch until smooth and well blended.
- Stir miso paste into hot broth to dissolve.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, carrots and salt; return to simmering.
- Re-whisk cornstarch mixture; stir into soup along with scallions.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls; ladle in soup.