Recipe by Bert's Kitchen Witch
I love cabbage, and I'm always trying different ways of making it, that DH and the kids will like too. This is one of those ways that gets them all eating it up!
Top Review by LaurelLee
This is an excellent recipe. The butter and Dijon mustard are a nice combination for the cabbage. I'm going to e-mail this recipe to some friends so they can try it. I served it with a Cuban pork dish and rice. Will definitely make again.
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 6 cups cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (vegetables only, not the dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (sliced thinly)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the chicken broth in a large saucepan over med-low heat.
- When broth is hot, add the cole-slaw mix,the green onions, and the salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook over med-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the melted butter and the dijon mustard, and stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the mustard-pecan butter over the cabbage, and toss well to coat.