Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love cabbage, and I'm always trying different ways of making it, that DH and the kids will like too. This is one of those ways that gets them all eating it up!
- Heat the chicken broth in a large saucepan over med-low heat.
- When broth is hot, add the cole-slaw mix,the green onions, and the salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook over med-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the melted butter and the dijon mustard, and stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the mustard-pecan butter over the cabbage, and toss well to coat.
This is an excellent recipe. The butter and Dijon mustard are a nice combination for the cabbage. I'm going to e-mail this recipe to some friends so they can try it. I served it with a Cuban pork dish and rice. Will definitely make again.
Very good side dish for cabbage lovers like us. Very nice combination of flavors. My husband topped his with some cider vingar and I think next time I might try cooking it in vinegar instead of the broth for some extra tang.
this really is outstanding hot cabbage mix!!The sauce is what makes the recipe, wonderful flavour and the pecans give such a lovely crunch! Thanks for posting I will make this one again!