Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Mafiosa's Cucina over at HBO's The Sopranos BBs
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large green cabbage head, shredded
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- kosher salt
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In reserved bacon fat, cook onions and bell peppers until limp, about 5 minutes. Add shredded cabbage and cook until limp, but not soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add chili powder and salt, to taste. Add tomatoes and simmer just until warmed through. Slaw should be slightly crisp. Adjust seasonings. Serve quickly with crumbled bacon.