Recipe by teresas
Saw this on our local KCTS TV channel and copied it the best I could because they weren't giving out the amounts and one of the ingredients. So I have done my best. Plan to prepare it soon and see what the end result will be. If you beat me please give your suggestion and ideas. Thanks in advance. :) You can replace the shrimp with crab meat. Cooking time does not include the time needed to cook the shrimp.
Top Review by Outta Here
Another winner, Teresa! Very easy (I bought already cooked medium shrimp) and very tasty. Served as suggested with bread, but I think this would be great on pasta! Made for tag game at kittencalskitchen.com
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 lb medium shrimp, devained, tail removed and cooked
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 fresh lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large fry pan.
- Add chopped onion and saute' till tender.
- Add minced garlic and simmer till tender.
- Stir in white wine.
- Add shrimp and remove from heat.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, warm the milk.
- Add cream cheese and whisk till melted.
- Add Swiss cheese and whisk till melted.
- Add Parmesan cheese and whisk till melted.
- Add oregano, red pepper flakes and freshly grated pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into shrimp and mix well over medium heat.
- Heat till bubbling.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Pour into serving dish and garnish with chopped chives.
- Serve with toasted bread slices.