1/2 Photos of Hot Shrimp Hors D'oeuvres
Saw this on our local KCTS TV channel and copied it the best I could because they weren't giving out the amounts and one of the ingredients. So I have done my best. Plan to prepare it soon and see what the end result will be. If you beat me please give your suggestion and ideas. Thanks in advance. :) You can replace the shrimp with crab meat. Cooking time does not include the time needed to cook the shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lb medium shrimp, devained, tail removed and cooked
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 fresh lime
- 1Melt butter over medium heat in a large fry pan.
- 2Add chopped onion and saute' till tender.
- 3Add minced garlic and simmer till tender.
- 4Stir in white wine.
- 5Add shrimp and remove from heat.
- 6In a sauce pan over medium heat, warm the milk.
- 7Add cream cheese and whisk till melted.
- 8Add Swiss cheese and whisk till melted.
- 9Add Parmesan cheese and whisk till melted.
- 10Add oregano, red pepper flakes and freshly grated pepper to taste.
- 11Pour mixture into shrimp and mix well over medium heat.
- 12Heat till bubbling.
- 13Add lime juice and mix well.
- 14Pour into serving dish and garnish with chopped chives.
- 15Serve with toasted bread slices.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Shrimp Hors D'oeuvres
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 109.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g