Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a very fast and tasty first course dish. I keep frozen shrimp in my freezer all the time. A friend gave me this recipe years ago.
- 2 (1 lb) boxesfrozen peeled shrimp, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons of chopped red peppers
- 2 teaspoons of chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons hot creole mustard
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Bring 2 cups water to boil. Add sugar and peppers. Add the shrimp slowly so that the water does not stop boiling.
- Cover and boil 2-4 minutes. Do not overboil.
- Stir mustard into cream; add garlic.
- When shrimp are done, drain well and mix with sauce.
- Divide them into 4 heated dishes and serve as a first course.
- When I serve this to friends, I get raves and it is so easy.