Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another casserole crazy recipe. A nice blend of flavors.
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cooked and deveined
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (can omit)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a shallow 1 quart casserole.
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet until crisp.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Chop shrimp to small bite size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash cream cheese and mayo together till well blended.
- Add the rest of ingredients.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake till browned and bubbly 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or party rye.
Made this for my office Christmas party, and many asked for the recipe. It was really excellent. I used a small crock pot to keep it warm. We even tried it cold and it was good. I will in fact be making it again tonight to take to another holiday party. Thanks for a great appetizer recipe. I did not add the almonds. I might try adding them for tonight.
fantastic recipe! I got rave reviews. I was looking for a shrimp casserole and didn't notice that this was a dip, so I tweaked the recipe a bit, added rigatoni and cheddar cheese and it made up a 'decadent dish' according to my nephew. I will definitely use this recipe again. maybe as a dip this time!