Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Looks and tastes fancy, but oh so easy to make. This recipe serves 2, but it would be easy to scale it up for company.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 lb shrimp, cleaned and drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- In a frying pan, melt butter, stir in curry powder and salt, cook until well blended.
- Add tomato, onion, shrimp, saute until shrimp are done.
- Add lemon juice.
- If mixture is watery, drain some liquid at this point.
- Stir in sour cream, heat throughly.
- To serve, halve avocado, making cuts in flesh for easier enjoyment. Scoop shrimp over 2 halves.
Sorry, didn't like this near as much as I wanted to. I love all of the ingredients but the hot avocado was not appealing. Also felt like it needed some substance--rice? toast? --I don't really know but it was a little runny.
YUM!! I just made this the other day but I'm going to be making it again this weekend because I couldn't get enough! I made the following changes (increases) in order for it to be an entree: 3 T butter, 1 1/2 t curry powder, 1 t salt, 1 large tomato, 1 chopped onion, 1 lb. shrimp, 2 T lemon juice, 2/3 cup sour cream. I made it exactly as directly and instead of avocados, served it over rice. It was very, very delicious and really easy to make. Thanks for the new recipe, I'll be making this often!
Really good!!!! Like warm guacamole with shrimp and curry added. I used fat free sour cream, otherwise, made it exactly as posted. DH and I both really liked this one!! Thanks for posting!