Recipe by gypsysister
Looks and tastes fancy, but oh so easy to make. This recipe serves 2, but it would be easy to scale it up for company.
Top Review by Kathy!!
Sorry, didn't like this near as much as I wanted to. I love all of the ingredients but the hot avocado was not appealing. Also felt like it needed some substance--rice? toast? --I don't really know but it was a little runny.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 lb shrimp, cleaned and drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, melt butter, stir in curry powder and salt, cook until well blended.
- Add tomato, onion, shrimp, saute until shrimp are done.
- Add lemon juice.
- If mixture is watery, drain some liquid at this point.
- Stir in sour cream, heat throughly.
- To serve, halve avocado, making cuts in flesh for easier enjoyment. Scoop shrimp over 2 halves.