Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from British chef Lesley Waters. Makes a nice lunch, or quick summer-time evening meal. Use as many salad greens as your hunger level demands ! Preparation time includes marinating time.
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled pitted,and sliced
- selection crisp salad green, your choice
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into finger strips.
- In a bowl combine the mustard, honey and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken strips to the mixture, and season with black pepper.
- Marinate 1 hour.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok (or large frying pan) until very hot.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and add them to the wok.
- Stir-fry 5-6 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toss the avocado with the salad greens, and divide among four plates.
- Add the sesame seeds to the chicken in the wok and stir-fry for a further minute or until seeds are just beginning to color.
- Spoon the hot sesame chicken over the salad, drizzle with the sesame oil and serve at once.
We served this for dinner between two of us. We had it with garlic bread and some olives for saltiness. Yummy! Will make again
Flavorful, not too tangy and not too sweet. Served it with honey mustard dressing on the side (from Recipe #145067).
Very tasty recipe. We really enjoyed this. Easy to put together and excellent served with salad leaves. Thanks for posting.