Recipe by English_Rose
Stir-fried, honey-glazed chicken and ripe avocado combine to tasty effect in this stylish yet simple salad dish.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 avocado, stoned and peeled
- salad leaves
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken breasts into finger strips.
- In a bowl, combine the mustard, honey and lemon juice. Add the chicken strips to the mixture and season with black pepper.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or large frying pan until very hot. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Meanwhile, slice the avocado, toss with the salad leaves and pile onto 4 large plates.
- Add the sesame seeds to the chicken in the wok and stir-fry for a further minute or until seeds are just beginning to colour.
- Spoon the hot sesame chicken over the salad leaves, drizzle with the sesame oil and serve at once.