Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We really like the flavor and spice of this dish.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli
- In small saucepan heat the sesame oil and vegetable oil until hot but not smoking.
- Remove from heat and add red pepper flakes and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Return to stove and add the garlic, soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice and water.
- Cook until heated through and reduce heat to low while preparing broccoli.
- Wash broccoli and separate into spears.
- Steam or cook in microwave until tender, but still crisp.
- Place broccoli in large bowl and add sauce mixture, tossing to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious way to prepare broccoli. Amounts are spot on, and it had everyone going back for seconds. Very easy, with everything you already have on hand. Perfect!! I've made it a few more times and now Iike to use brown sugar instead of white sugar, I also grate my garlic instead of chopping or mincing it and I add grated fresh ginger to give it a more fresh flavor. I leave out the water too. Can use on other veggies besides broccoli and its delicious.
Easy and really yummy!! Thanks for sharing!
Yum! Great broccoli! Thanks for sharing the recipe!