Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am not sure where I found this recipe. Posted for safe keeping.
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread
- 2⁄3 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 2 tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 4 -6 ounces black forest ham, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Split loaf of bread in half, lengthwise; set the bread, crusts side down, on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheese, onion, olive oil, vinegar, oregano and olves; season to taste. Spread the mixture over each bread half. Bake until hot.
- Remove from oven. Top the hot loaves with tomato slices, then ham.
- Eat hot accompanied with a green salad.
Since I was making this just for myself for lunch, I used a Ciabatta bun and guesstimated the amounts. Hit the spot. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)